Corona Virus Precautions Prior To Your Visit
- If you are having flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, body aches) please call your primary care physician and help you reschedule your Urologist appointment.
- If within the last 14 days you OR your family members have had close contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment.
- If you or your family member traveled within the last 14 days to ANY locations with wide spread COVID-19 infection, please call us to help you reschedule your appointment.
We may help you reschedule your appointment with our office the following ways:
- This visit may be done through telemedicine (video and telephone)
- In certain cases, we may reschedule your visit to an in person visit once you are feeling well.
Instructions For Patients Coming to See The Doctors in the Office in Person
Broward Urology Center has adjusted our practice beyond the CDC standards to provide best quality care, while taking appropriate steps to keep everyone safe. We want to assure you that our staff cleans and disinfects the clinics throughout the day and this includes all equipment, surface areas that we are touching, counter-tops, doorknobs, exam chairs, computers and tables. Also, our staff wear face masks and gloves when seeing patients. We request that you join our efforts to keep a safe environment for everyone and follow public health officials’ strong recommendations to wear a face mask or face covering, practice social distancing, perform thorough and frequent hand washing, follow coughing and sneezing etiquette and avoid touching your face, nose and eyes.
For your to be seen at the office in person please adhere to the following requests:
- You MUST wear a face mask or face covering at all times.
- At the office check in, your temperature will be checked, and for new patients, paperwork will be provided for review.
- To keep social distancing:
- Go outside and fill all the paperwork outside or in your car.
- If the office is busy, you may be asked to wait in your car. You will receive a call or a text message to come in when the Physician is ready to see you. Make sure to provide us with your current mobile phone number.
- A member of the Physician’s staff will meet you at the entry to escort you to the exam area.
- Family members, siblings or other accompanying person should wait in the car or remain at home, if they are not essential during the visit.
- Only patients and their medically necessary parent/guardian/caretaker will be allowed in the clinic. EVERYONE must wear a face mask or face covering at all times.
- Drivers should give us their mobile number so that we may contact them at the end of the appointment as they are to wait in the car.
- Please understand that due to the extra precautions, visits will likely run late, so please prepare accordingly. We thank you for your patience.
We thank you for all your co-operation as we get through this difficult time. The above rules are subject to change as guidelines by our national and local authorities change.